Where to deliver your delicious Roobars?Go to shop
And as we all are travelers at heart we love exploring new cities, research cool restaurants, and trendy cafes and experience the vibe of each new place. Last weekend our Marketing team went to Hamburg for Eat & Style Event and explored the great city of the Nord. Here are the top 5 experiences they swear by and highly recommend:
1. Start the day at Elbgold Café – the café has a tremendous selection of coffee from all over the world and the best bagels we have tried in Germany! Our team tried the one with strawberry jam and fresh cheese and salmon – heavenly tasty!
The café is located in a super trendy and hip borrow called Sternschanze, where you can walk around and enjoy some cool shops.
Bonus tip: there are 3 amazing stores in a walking distance where you can charge up with Roobar for your daily trip: Denn’s, Alnatura and Reformhaus Engelhardt.
2. Boat trips - we are crazy about boat trips and Hamburg has one of the greatest harbors in Europe, so why not explore it from the water. Especially if you enjoy architecture, this trip will get you super happy. We highly recommend a boat trip at night when the harbor is all lit.
Bonus tip: you can enjoy a boat trip with the public transport instead of paying for a special trip. Just go to Landungsbruecken and get the next boat.
3. Elbphilharmonie and Speicherstadt – we really enjoyed visiting the amazing building of Elbphilharmonie (entrance is free) – the view over the harbor and the architecture of the building itself are breathtaking. Continue with a stroll around Speicherstadt – the old halls where the products have been stored.
Bonus tip: Speicherstadt is a great location for taking pictures of all the red brick buildings!
4. Fischmarket – the one place we are truly sorry we couldn’t visit. Every Sunday from 5 am the madness begins and according to stories – it’s loud, it’s smelly but it is an unforgettable experience. Oh, and definitely eat a fish sandwich!!
5. Dinner at Altes Maedchen – Why? Because they have a crazy good beer selection, finger licking menu, and superb atmosphere! It’s modern yet hip place where you can really enjoy a true Hamburg vibe.
We hope we get you excited about traveling and exploring new places! If you haven’t yet considered visiting Hamburg, here is one last tip: December is Christmas Markets season!